Matar Paneer is probably one of the most popular vegetarian dishes in North India. Sweet taste of peas mixes with a spicy yellow sauce and cottage cheese to give a mouth watering dish. This can be had with a variety of Indian breads like roti, naan or kulcha.
JYOTI Matar Paneer combines freshness of garden peas with homemade cottage cheese and spices to bring this authentic flavored Indian matter paneer. The beauty of this recipe is that you can combine it in a million different ways to come up with a unique dish every day. Here are some ideas:
- Paneer Pulao:
- Rinse 1 cup Jyoti Basmati Supreme or other long grain rice and bring to boil with 2 cups water, Reduce heat to low flame, and let rice cook partly covered for 10 mins
- Add one can of JYOTI Matar-Paneer and mix gently
- Cover and cook on low heat for 5 mins.
- Brown 1 lb of ground meat with chopped onion and garlic to your liking
- Mix 1 can of JYOTI Matar-Paneer and 8 oz tomato sauce.
- Simmer for 10 mins.
Variation: Sauté ½ lb chunks of a firm fish (Salmon, Swordfish, Mako Shark etc.)and add 1 can of Matar-Paneer, let simmer till the fish is done (about 10 min).
3. Curry Omelet with peas:
- Whip up 4 eggs, and fold in ½ can of JYOTI Matar-Paneer including the sauce.
- Make Omelet as usual.
- Boil, peel and chunk 2 medium potatoes and combine with one can of JYOTI Matar-Paneer and 1/2 can water
- Simmer for 10 min for flavors to blend.
- Variation: Use tomato sauce or buttermilk in place of water.
5. Mushroom Peas:
- Sauté 2 cups of sliced fresh mushrooms with 1 tbsp butter for 5 min
Add one can of JYOTI Matar-Paneer and mix well. Simmer for 5 minff
Variation: use 2 cups of diced carrots in place of mushrooms, or use a mix.
These are only few options you can use a variety of different ingredients to create a different dish every day.